Islamic Internet Lingo

These days, we all use acronyms when we send text messages or instant messages to our fellow homies. So it got me thinking...us Muslims need SPECIAL acronyms for those long and hard to convey situations that may cause us to cut short our conversations in lieu of more meaningful activities!! LOL. Not that this is anything new, I've already seen ASA being used for 'As-Salaamun-Alaikum', WAS for 'Wa-Alaikum-as-Salaam', and ISA for Insha'Allah. So here's a list of acronyms I thought us Sisters and Brothers should start using:



SS: Saying Salat


BMF: Breaking My Fast


DA/DW: Doing Ablutions/Doing Wudu


RQ: Reciting Quran


PFI: Preparing For Iftar


CWPP: Communicating With Potential Partner (LOL how often would this come up?!)


GTM: Going to Mosque/Gone to Mosque


POH: Putting On Hijab


SID/BID: Sister/Brother In Distress!


DC: Drinking CHAI!!


EK: Eating Kabobs!


EBC: Eating Butter Chicken


LMHO: Laughing My Hijab Off


BMW BRB: (ready for this one?!) Broke My Wudu, Be Right Back


So you know what you need to do! Pull out your cell phones, smart phones, or hop onto IM and start practicing!! :P


OAO (Over and Out!),
Sameera

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage...Interrupted, Part I: The Separation

FGM, Islam and Sexuality: One of these doesn't belong

On Muslims, Relationships and Abstinence